Seminar: Presidential summits and the role of the host states: lessons from the Three Seas Initiative
The seminar titled “Presidential summits and the role of the host states: lessons from the Three Seas Initiative” will take place on March 22nd, 2023. If you are interested in online participation please visit the registration form at: https://forms.gle/hAQKjDv6C83cwBVH9 .
The aim of the seminar, organized by the Three Seas Initiative Research Center, affiliated with the Institute of Political Studies of the Polish Academy of Science, is to review the results of the Three Seas Initiative Summits, the importance of the declarations adopted there, the role of the host states, as well as the challenges facing this model of cooperation. The seminar discussion will also focus on the upcoming summit, which will be held in Bucharest. It is worth noting that Romania is the first state to host the Three Seas Initiative presidential summit for the second time.
The topics discussed will also include Russia’s aggression against Ukraine, political, economic and financial support given to Ukraine by the states of the Three Seas Initiative, as well as the consequences of the war for the energy and economic security of the region. The seminar will be organized in the roundtable discussion formula. It will be attended by researchers and scholars from Central European states. The keynote speech at the seminar will be delivered by His Excellency Mr. Theodor Cosmin Onisii, Ambassador of Romania to Poland.
11:00 – 11:10 Opening remarks by Prof. Agnieszka Orzelska-Stączek, Project Leader of the Three Seas Initiative Research Center, the Institute of Political Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences
11:10 – 11:25 Keynote speech by Ambassador of Romania, HE Mr Theodor Cosmin Onisii
11:25 – 12:30 Discussion: Presidential summits and the role of the host states: lessons from the Three Seas Initiative
Among the discussion participants:
- Prof. Magdalena Bainczyk, Chief Analyst, Institute for Western Affairs in Poznań
- Prof. Piotr Bajda, Associate Professor at the Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw (UKSW)
- Dr. Hristo Berov, Associate Professor at Sofia University
- Dr. Vít Dostál, Executive Director, Association for International Affairs (AMO)
- Prof. Octavian-Dragomir Jora, Bucharest University of Economic Studies, Founder of The Market for Ideas magazine
- Dr. Paul Latawski, Senior Lecturer in War Studies, Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst
- Prof. Karina Marczuk, Associate Professor at the University of Warsaw, Faculty of Political Science and International Relations, Diplomacy and International Institutions Chair
- Prof. Beata Piskorska, Vice-rector for students, doctoral students and development at the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin (KUL)
- Prof. Michal Vašečka, Program Director, Bratislava Policy Institute
- Prof. Przemysław Żurawski vel Grajewski, Associate Professor at Łódź University