General description of research conducted in the Department of European Studies IPS, PAS
Department of European Studies conducts a broad research on European integration, European Union, Poland’s accession process into the EU and its international implications. Said reaserch is interdisciplinary and its goal is to reveal, both theoretically and practically, the integration processes in Europe, their premises and their meaning and role in the contemporary international relations. Moreover, research focuses on the analysis of the place, successes and failures of Poland and other country members of the EU.
Department of European Studies plans five main research fields for years 2021-2030:
- European Union as a geopolitical and geoeconomic subject in a (post)pandemic world.
- European Union in the budgetary perspective for years 2021-2027 – chances and threats, especially related to Polish raison d’etat.
- Cooperation of Poland, Germany and France within the framework of a Weimar Triangle.
- International policy of Turkey especially in the context of Russo-Ukrainian war.
- Positive and negative factors of Ukrainian membership in the EU.
The results of conducted research, both theoretically and practically, will take form of books, articles, studies, research reports and expertises, which in total will have a big impact on the development of the discipline of Political Science and Public Administration in Poland and for Polish foreign policy.